JaseSmith
Level 1: Cadet

Amazon EC2 not allowed. Please email postmaster@bigpond.com and provide the IP address of your insta

So BigPond.com is reporting the below - and then it does then same thing when you email postmaster... well played

Amazon EC2 not allowed. Please email postmaster@bigpond.com and provide the IP address of your instance for whitelisting. IB107 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dave162

Re: Amazon EC2 not allowed. Please email postmaster@bigpond.com and provide the IP address of your i

We had the same issue sending from our Postfix server.  I logged a request with the bigpond postmaster.  They responded to me within an hour and whitelisted us. 

Sanctuary222
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Amazon EC2 not allowed. Please email postmaster@bigpond.com and provide the IP address of your i

How did you log your request?  I have forwarded my blocked emails to bigpond postmaster several times and heard nothing back at all.

Dave162

I emailed postmaster@bigpond.com.   I cut and pasted a copy of the error message into the body of the email.  I never send attachments as corporate gateways may block them.   

We were already whitelisted, we use a company call Returnpath to aid with our whitelisting, so it was relatively simple to given them my sending IP.  They added this to the separate whitelist they have for EC2.   Apparantly a big uplift in scammers using EC2.  So I understand why ESP's are trying to tighten up.  

I was able to resend all my bounces about an hour later and they went through perfect.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more