dotnetrules
Level 6: Bloodhound

Confused: Which Office 365 Business Plan with full function iPad Office Apps ?

Answered

Hi all,

I have been looking into Office 365 Business Plans for some time.  Currently we host our own 2010 Exchange Servers which are due for an upgrade, so rather than investing in a new version and new hardware we are instead deciding on different Office 365 Business offerings.  We do have just under 10 full time employees and several contractors, however at this stage this service will be for employees only.  

We have already invested in Office 2013 desktop software for all our PCs and Mac, so we don't have a need for a subscription that includes desktop software at this stage, but we may in 12 months time or once a new version of office is released.  But what we do need is mobile access, using the newly released iPad apps for office 365 and also web browser access to office applications for when staff are at home or out on the road from a laptop in their hotel etc, some employee prefer laptops and others iPad when travelling, but they all have desktops back at the office, hence the flexibility I'm looking for.  

Exchange is also a must have, and we'd like to be able to use more than one domain name as we have several for .com, .com.au, co.uk, com.ca, .net etc for our brand.  We also would like to know if mailboxes can be shared, for example a support@ mailbox which can be linked to users mailboxes, just like with exchange 2010 and Outlook 2013.

SharePoint with team sites is also a must and something we use a lot for projects that we share with our clients to collaborate on.

Cloud storage is going to play a big part, which I assume uses OneDrive for document storage, accessing of files and syncing all this between devices and platforms, and sharing files with other staff and clients.

I'm having lots difficulty choosing a plan that suits mainly due to various people saying you need a premium subscription to be able to edit and create office documents with the iPad apps.  No one is able to tell me if mailboxes can be shared and if such a mailbox like support@ is classed as a user. I also need an upgrade path for more than 10 users but certainly under 25 users in about 12 months from now.

So I guess I'm looking at either Office 365 Business or Office 365 Business Premium?  If due to the above requirements I need premium which comes with desktop office 2013 software (which I have no need for at this time) then I guess I will have to bite the bullet, but I would like to start off on the right foot and as we become familiar with the technology and our needs grow then move to the premium version.

Can anyone please suggest which offering I should start with giving the above mentioned high level requirements.

Cheers

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
T-Suite_Support
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Confused: Which Office 365 Business Plan with full function iPad Office Apps ?

Hi Paul,

The service you are looking for to be able to use the Office apps, is Microsoft® Office 365 ProPlus. This comes as part of the suite that is Office 365 Small Business Premium.

ProPlus works to get both the mobile app connected and gives you up to 5 downloads per licence of the MS Office suite, onto your PC.

You can have a mix of standard and premium Small Business licences on the same account and you can increase or decrease your licence count at any time, as you are only charged on a month to month basis. To get started, Office 365 Small Business Premium can be purchased on a 30 day free trial, which you will receive 10 licences. 

Shared mailboxes and multiple domains are part of standard functionality. Depending on how you choose to create the support@ address will depend on whether it requires an additional licence. A shared mailbox can be set up at no cost but does have some limits as compared to a standard mailbox. 

To see some of the differences, please see this link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/library/exchange-online-limits.aspx

If you have further questions feel free to ask or alternately, you can contact us on 1800 878 483 (TSUITE). 

- Phil

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
T-Suite_Support
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Confused: Which Office 365 Business Plan with full function iPad Office Apps ?

Hi Paul,

The service you are looking for to be able to use the Office apps, is Microsoft® Office 365 ProPlus. This comes as part of the suite that is Office 365 Small Business Premium.

ProPlus works to get both the mobile app connected and gives you up to 5 downloads per licence of the MS Office suite, onto your PC.

You can have a mix of standard and premium Small Business licences on the same account and you can increase or decrease your licence count at any time, as you are only charged on a month to month basis. To get started, Office 365 Small Business Premium can be purchased on a 30 day free trial, which you will receive 10 licences. 

Shared mailboxes and multiple domains are part of standard functionality. Depending on how you choose to create the support@ address will depend on whether it requires an additional licence. A shared mailbox can be set up at no cost but does have some limits as compared to a standard mailbox. 

To see some of the differences, please see this link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/library/exchange-online-limits.aspx

If you have further questions feel free to ask or alternately, you can contact us on 1800 878 483 (TSUITE). 

- Phil

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

dotnetrules
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hi Phil,

We'll give the trial a go and see how it plays out with shared mailboxes and standard accounts etc.

Many thanks, most helpful.

cheers

Paul

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more