hanjay
Level 2: Rookie

DNS Settings - Forwarding Web Traffic Only

Hi, 

I need to forward my web traffic of my telstra domain (that is a .com.au) to my exisiting website that I built on .com

Usually I would add the .com IP address to A name servers and the .com domain name to the Cname

However, as the emails are setup with telstra I dont want to disrupt these. Currently there is a C Name of- pop.bne3.server-mail.com.

If i deleted this and added my domain would it stop my emails? 

Would it be best if i added the .com.au as a subdomain on where my website is hosted and forward through there, if this is possible) 

UPDATE: I just I added My domain Name configuration to point to my IP address. should I be adding something in the website control panel to reconise this? is this maybe all i need to do

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Georgie
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: DNS Settings - Forwarding Web Traffic Only

Hey hanjay,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I would recommend contacting our Business team on 13 2000 so we can advise further and put you in touch with the right person to assist further with this.

Let us know how you go.

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more