The_Techo
Level 1: Cadet

General information for new account

Answered

I am an IT consultant to small businesses who has been engaged to install Microsoft Office for a client and I have some queries regarding the Office 365 Small Business Premium service available through Telstra T-Suite.

My client is a small real estate agent who wants Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook installed on 3 computers within his office and I'm looking at the pros and cons of buying Office 2013 or subscribing to Office 365.

I am looking at MS Office 365 Small Business Premium for $13.50 per month as shown here:

Can anyone answer the following queries for me:

1. Is it correct that the client only needs to purchase one license (currently $13.50 per month) which will allow them to install Office 365 on up to 5 computers within their office.

2. Can you confirm that this offering includes desktop versions of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook in addition to web based versions of these programs?  Are these downloaded once subscribed to the service?

3. Is there any minimum term that the customer is locked into for this service?

I'd appreciate any help that anyone can provide in this regard.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: General information for new account

The_Techo,

Here are the answers:

1. Sort of, the $13.50 per month allows an install on up to 5 computers within their office, but... it is $13.50 per month per user. ie 5 users, $67.50 per month.
  2. Yes, Office 365 Small Business Premium includes the Desktop Versions ($13.50 per user per month)
  3. Don't know. Need to contact Telstra.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

The_Techo,

Here are the answers:

1. Sort of, the $13.50 per month allows an install on up to 5 computers within their office, but... it is $13.50 per month per user. ie 5 users, $67.50 per month.
  2. Yes, Office 365 Small Business Premium includes the Desktop Versions ($13.50 per user per month)
  3. Don't know. Need to contact Telstra.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

bargalon
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Techo,

Re your third question (term)- there is no term commitment for Office365 SMB premium.

You can consume month on month with a 12 month pricing validity period (i.e. price will not increase during that period)

No early termination charges.

from T-Suite:

What we mean by a ‘12-month pricing validity period’ When you sign up for a new Microsoft Office 365 Suite or stand-alone service – the price on your initial bill remains valid for 12 months from the date of your first bill. Should you continue with your Office 365 service beyond the 12-month price validity period – you’ll automatically be moved to the prevailing price and a further 12-month pricing validity period will apply 

Hope it helps..

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

The_Techo

Thanks for the reply Jupiter, that clears it up.

I spoke to someone else about this today and they explained it that each user could install the software on up to 5 of their devices.... for example their office PC, their home PC, their laptop and their smartphone, but each individual user needs a license.  It all makes sense now.

The_Techo

Thanks Bar, that answers my question.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more