Allan12345
Level 3: Gumshoe

Office 365 – Small Business Premium Offer - How long must one wait? (3 weeks so far)

Answered

1) On 10 January (2014) I completed the online order form entering all required details including the existing Telstra account number for billing purposes. I selected the option of a new domain name (DNS etc) to be registered and managed part and parcel with the new MS Office 365 service.

2) After filling out and submitting the order (via completing a number of web form pages), I received this Email:

PRODUCTIVITY IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER

Here are the details

Hi Allan,

Just letting you know we've received your Microsoft® Office 365 Small Business Offer order and are completing it now.

What happens next?
We'll send you an email shortly when your services are ready, with all the information you'll need to get started.

Get the ball rolling. 
In the meantime, we've got great videos about the features Office 365 can add to your business. Watch it to get familiar with the look and feel of the Office 365 portal, and see how you and your colleagues can communicate seamlessly.

Watch the videos here

We're here to help.
To review the terms and conditions that relate to your Office 365 service, see www.telstra.com.au/customerterms.

If you have any questions, just call us on 1800 878 483 and we'll be happy to help. Or visit www.telstra.com/office365SMB for more information.

Best regards,
T-Suite Customer Team
Telstra

3) On 14 January (2014) after receiving no further response (written or otherwise), I telephoned the 1800 878 483 number.

4) After waiting for over 1/2 hour (nearly 3/4 of an hour) and then speaking with and corresponding via Email with an Indian call centre worker (who was quite polite, diligent and helpful but difficult for me to understand and communicate with); the end result was that my order has been received.

5) The Indian call centre worker could not provide any timeline or timeframe for my order to be completed and actioned.

(why cannot I simply talk with an Australian worker? - can I pay extra for this? - Over and above paying top dollar for Telstra over Optus and Vodafone, I would even be willing to pay an Australian call centre worker's wages for one hour just to avoid the grief - Telstra has really gone down the toilet and has turned into a pathetic joke of an outfit - charge top dollar and can't even afford to pay half decent local minimum wages)

6) After my communications with the above described Indian call centre worker, I received a call on my mobile from another Indian worker advising that my order has been received and is currently being processed. He could not provide me with any timeframes or dates.

7) On 23 January, I observed via the Melbourne IT Whois Website that my chosen domain name has been registered in my name.

8) I have not received any further communication from Telstra (written or otherwise).

9) I am on a new Windows 8 PC (the old one using Office 2003 has failed) and I currently do not have access to MS Office - so the issue is reasonably urgent and having to wait 3 weeks for ability to install Microsoft software is insane.

My questions are as follows:

1) How long must one wait?

2) If one gets sick of waiting and is forced to simply go with Wordperfect or some variant of Open Office and hiring an IT person to sort out the rest; what is the easiest way to go about cancelling my order?

No wonder the world is going cold on Microsoft - using a useless Aussie Telco as a sales agent - fair dinkum

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Allan12345
Accepted Solution

Re: Office 365 – Small Business Premium Offer - How long must one wait? (3 weeks so far)

10) On Friday night, 31 January 2014, I received an Email containing my Microsoft signup/login, temp password etc.

11) I set up the service over the weekend.

Comment:

At 10 January 2014, I assumed that the process would be completely automated - as such a process should be.

At 3 February 2014, my opinion is that the facts appear more consistent with some sort of Indian BPO outfit simply doing each and every setup manually - hence the wait.

My life was much simpler when my PC ran GEM from Digital Research Inc:

250px-Schneider_Amstrad_PC_1512_DD_Transparent_BG[1].png

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Allan12345
Accepted Solution

Re: Office 365 – Small Business Premium Offer - How long must one wait? (3 weeks so far)

10) On Friday night, 31 January 2014, I received an Email containing my Microsoft signup/login, temp password etc.

11) I set up the service over the weekend.

Comment:

At 10 January 2014, I assumed that the process would be completely automated - as such a process should be.

At 3 February 2014, my opinion is that the facts appear more consistent with some sort of Indian BPO outfit simply doing each and every setup manually - hence the wait.

My life was much simpler when my PC ran GEM from Digital Research Inc:

250px-Schneider_Amstrad_PC_1512_DD_Transparent_BG[1].png

View solution in original post

T-Suite_Support
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello Allan,

Apologies surrounding the long wait you had with the provisioning of your Office 365 Small Business Premium Offer. I hope you are satisfied now that you have your service.

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this on to the rest of the T-Suite team.

With your feedback we will work on improving the provisioning of our Office 365 Small Business Offers. 

- Joseph

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more