SeaComms
Level 1: Cadet

Upgrade to Enterprise

Answered

Hey,

We have hit the 300 user limit of our Office365 Business Essentials account and need to upgrade to an Enterprise Account.  I am being told by Microsoft that this is now just a simple select the new package and wait 10 to 60 minutes, but the local IT company charged with doing the work are saying it is still a complete shut down and start from scratch with no upgrade path until October?

Anyone confirm either for me?

Cheers, Dave.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jasondrhodes
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Upgrade to Enterprise

Hi Dave,

That is correct, Telstra T-Suite won't have an upgrade path until October 2015 at the earliest. We resell to our clients via T-Suite and also via Microsoft Open Licensing, and we've already had to migrate some clients over from Telstra to Open Licensing.

With a bit of work, it certainly is possible to achieve, depending on your particular scenario.

Also, most of our clients prefer the yearly bililng per seat rather than the monthly bililng that T-Suite do.

Jason Rhodes
Cube Web Solutions
Microsoft Silver Small & Midmarket Cloud Solutions Partner
Remote Tech Support & Web Developer.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
jasondrhodes
Accepted Solution

Hi Dave,

That is correct, Telstra T-Suite won't have an upgrade path until October 2015 at the earliest. We resell to our clients via T-Suite and also via Microsoft Open Licensing, and we've already had to migrate some clients over from Telstra to Open Licensing.

With a bit of work, it certainly is possible to achieve, depending on your particular scenario.

Also, most of our clients prefer the yearly bililng per seat rather than the monthly bililng that T-Suite do.

Jason Rhodes
Cube Web Solutions

View solution in original post

SeaComms
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Jason, though not really what I wanted to hear Smiley Sad

Hard to get a straight answer but hoping the desktop install won't need uninstall/reinstall as we have nearing 300 users across about a dozen sites all over the country!  We have employed the services of a company apparently well versed in this upgrade so hopefully all should go smoothly (we are not geared up internally for level of IT support).

Thanks again (and no thanks to Telstra/Micro$oft)

jasondrhodes

You won't need to install the MS Office Software, but more than likely users will have to log out / in via the switch accounts link in the application.

Be aware too that there will be a window of downtime during the DNS cutover where senders may get a bounce back / undeliverable message at their end. Unfortunately with a T-Suite to Open License migration this is unavoidable.

We use our SkyKick service to handle this for us, and it will do an initial migration of all the users' data, then when the final migration is done it picks up where it left off and is much quicker that way, then just change the DNS settings etc.

Hope it goes well and your people know what they are doing.

Jason Rhodes
Cube Web Solutions

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more