brian-burleigh
Level 2: Rookie

Website behind ADSL IP address

Answered

Purchased a Webserver to sit behind my TG587N3 modem, registerd a domain name at T-Suite to point at the Webserver.

Built a small (but growing) Website. Now I thought that a Google web-crawler would work its way down the DNS registry and check out all the new Websites and build index references into his search database.

But it doesn't seem to work like that. Maybe if i use key words like antidisestablishmentarianism, I will attract more notice?

Or is Mr. Google prevented from sniffing around on Telstra Bigpond IP address ranges? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Website behind ADSL IP address

Maybe Google doesn't know you exist yet? Have you checked your Robots.txt file to ensure its setup properly

Have a read of https://sites.google.com/site/webmasterhelpforum/en/faq--crawling--indexing---ranking also Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Maybe Google doesn't know you exist yet? Have you checked your Robots.txt file to ensure its setup properly

Have a read of https://sites.google.com/site/webmasterhelpforum/en/faq--crawling--indexing---ranking also Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Extreame
Level 20: Director

In reply: @brian-burleigh

I have a community and have been online for years, so this info may help.

The best thing to do is setup a Google Webmaster Tools account.

From here you can submit your website, sitemap, and apply for adsense (make money from ads) and analytics (web reporting, members, page hits etc).

If you run into any issue's, Google's webmaster tools help is great, you can also have a read of their blogs (very helpful).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask Smiley Happy

I hope this info is helpful.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more