EddieMurphy
Level 2: Rookie

Android Pie for Sony XZ Premium Released

Hello @telstra, it appears that Sony has released Android Pie globally. The update, carries the build number 47.2.A.0.306, includes the October security patch. Mine is currently on 47.1.A.16.20 (telstra branded). I'll appreciate any updates? Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Ads
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Android Pie for Sony XZ Premium Released

Hi EddieMurphy, Did you find the information you were after?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

EddieMurphy

Hi, thank you for your response. With regards to my question on Pie update for my XZ Premium, no, I haven't been told when if ever, I'll get the update, my handset being Telstra branded. Other users have reported that the update has been released globally.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2612428&p=-1&#bottom
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The Dual SIM version got the Android 9 update. I haven't found one that is definitely for the Single SIM version. The sites that I have seen that carry instructions on updating firmware are all showing Android 9 for Dual SIM and Android 8 for Single SIM at the moment.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
EddieMurphy

Thanks Jupiter! I'm hoping that Telstra is currently testing Android Pie for XZ Premium. The phone still has a couple of years worth of life, and I don't want to let it go just yet.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit