duane20
Level 1: Cadet

authentification problem

Answered

Hi having trouble connecting my sony experia to my 6b2319-5g router by wifi. it says authentification problem. It doesn't ask for a password. I'm not good with computers and don't know what to do next. I don't want to be on the phone to telstra for over an hour.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: authentification problem

Usually this means that your WiFi password is incorrect and needs to be re-entered

First go into Settings > WiFi > your network WiFi Name > Forget

This will disconnect you from your home WiFi and give you a chance to start again. Now tap on your home WiFi again and this time it will prompt you for your password, make sure you enter it in correctly otherwise you'll have the same problem.

Hopefully that will fix your issue.

Thanks

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DuckDodgers
Accepted Solution

Usually this means that your WiFi password is incorrect and needs to be re-entered

First go into Settings > WiFi > your network WiFi Name > Forget

This will disconnect you from your home WiFi and give you a chance to start again. Now tap on your home WiFi again and this time it will prompt you for your password, make sure you enter it in correctly otherwise you'll have the same problem.

Hopefully that will fix your issue.

Thanks

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.

View solution in original post

duane20
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, Thanks for you advice. It looks like I was putting in the password without being case sensitive

DuckDodgers

yeah that will do it.

sounds like you got it all too work! 

enjoy =)

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit