red25
Level 5: Eagle Eye

can anyone tell me please

Answered

If i can use some of my internet allowance from my sony smartphone onto my laptop for when I am not at home and how if I can, how do i do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ForensicsGuru
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: can anyone tell me please

You should be able to "tether" your laptop to your smartphone. Various systems call this differently and I am not at all experienced with Sony, but have a look at something like "create hotspot", "personal hotspot", "tether" in your Sony phone set up... Usually, you can "tether" via USB, Bluetooth or WiFi.

Basically, your Sony smarthpone should appear as available WiFi network (if you go via WiFi) and you should be able to connect your laptop to it

Cheers

FG

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
ForensicsGuru
Accepted Solution

You should be able to "tether" your laptop to your smartphone. Various systems call this differently and I am not at all experienced with Sony, but have a look at something like "create hotspot", "personal hotspot", "tether" in your Sony phone set up... Usually, you can "tether" via USB, Bluetooth or WiFi.

Basically, your Sony smarthpone should appear as available WiFi network (if you go via WiFi) and you should be able to connect your laptop to it

Cheers

FG

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

View solution in original post

DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director

ForensicsGuru is correct there is an option in Settings > More > Tethering and Portable Hotspot

either you will need to plug your phone into your PC and enable the USB tethering option or you need to turn on Portable WiFi hotspot and use your laptop's wireless settings to find and connect to your phone.

hope that helps

Cheers

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.
red25
Level 5: Eagle Eye

wow!! thanks guys!! fantastic help. Works great. Appreciate it.

ForensicsGuru

@red25 wrote:

wow!! thanks guys!! fantastic help. Works great. Appreciate it.

It's always good to hear back if the post helps. Appreciated red25.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit