bug276
Level 2: Rookie

Can't send SMS

Answered

Hi, i have a Sony Z3 compact, I can't send sms.
I can receive sms and mms,
I can send mms (but not sms)
I can use internet,

I can make and receive phone calls.
The sim does not work on another phone either,
I have checked smsc and have +61418706700
I also have a new  replacement SIM installed from Telechoice with the same problem.

I am on Telechoice (Telstra 3G)

I have done factory reset twice, used Sony PC companion to repair mobile, downgraded to 4.4.4 and upgraded to 5.1.1, tried Textra, Handcent Next SMS, Hangouts, Go SMS , google messenger and stock SMS.

None worked ( I am confident it's not my phone and is network related.

It started when i upgraded to 5.1.1.

Any ideas how to resolve the issue? Telechoice tech support answer is to reboot (and hope for the best)
Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bug276
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't send SMS

Hi Duck,
As it turns out the message centre number for telechoice is not what was initially stated +61418706700 it is in fact +61418706275, this number was not embedded in the sim, nor was it easily fault found by telechoice. As it happens, it took telstra a couple of escalations to work out as well. Sorted now though and all is working. Cheers.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director

when you say upgraded to 5.1.1 is that with Telstra's firmware? if so what firmware version are you using?
I only ask cause im using the generic AU which is pushed out by Sony and have never had any issues.
Could quite possibly be the firmware that has screwed your SMS function. Althouth you say that you have tried it ain another phone all signs point to Telstra and their side and not with your phone.
Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.
bug276

I am using the generic 5.1.1as faf as i know (23.4.A.1.232) . But yes, I believe it is a provider issue, I'm just trying to cover my bases 

DuckDodgers

certianlly is pointing to a provider issue.

is this phone on contract or a outright phone? maybe try flashing to the Telstra firmware as always they are using a dated version but maybe one last thing you can try.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
bug276

Cheers Duck, it's an outright phone. If Telstra and Telechoice haven't got it sorted by the weekend, I'll flash another ROM and see how it goes.
bug276
Accepted Solution

Hi Duck,
As it turns out the message centre number for telechoice is not what was initially stated +61418706700 it is in fact +61418706275, this number was not embedded in the sim, nor was it easily fault found by telechoice. As it happens, it took telstra a couple of escalations to work out as well. Sorted now though and all is working. Cheers.

View solution in original post

DuckDodgers

oh wow...

good to hear its all sorted and you dont have to restore or reflash your phone again =D

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit