AnnNB
Level 1: Cadet

Lost connect From Sony Brovie to TSM Gen 2

My Sony Brovie TV use to connect to NBN TSM Gen 2 and work well. Last Thursday I found My TV asked for connect to network I follow instructions from screen but my TV didn’t show my NBN wifi list, showed only Neighbours’wifi.

I put my username by manually and password. Result TV can’t connect to my wifi. I call to Telstar for solve the problem they tried to reset from his system and asked me to reset from my modem too.

it still doesn’t connect, but another device can connect. They ask me to call back to Sony providers for check system of TV.

I called to Sony and they suggested me to reset to factory default and check system until asked me to connect Wifi again. The Result still the same cannot connect to wifi  result show ;

wireless on TV : found 

local access : fail

internet access : fail

so he asked me to use my personal hotspot to TV. Yes TV can show my personal hotspot on wifi list TV. and can work with YouTube and Netflix.

I tried to connect manually to Telstar wifi by manually and interring IP address, subnet mark, gateway, Primary DNS, Second DNS. I use the number from my I phone that show number from NBN wifi.

result show :

wireless on TV : found 

local access : OK

internet access : fail

But can not connect to NBN wifi.

I called to explain to Telstar again. He reset everything again same back to start again. The result same “ my wifi name don’t show and cannot connect to NBN wifi.

I decided to ask password from my neighbor to connect TV with her wifi that show on my TV screens list. Luckily she gave to me. I can connect TV to her by automatically. I put only her password.

My neighbour use NBN from Optus.

I back to reconnect to my Telstar wifi again. Same result no my wifi name pop up on TV screen, I need to manual and can’t connect to wifi again.

I contact to Telstar again. He tried to understand and fix the problem same process that someone asked me to do Before. I explain everything to him. He confirm my network no problem and asked me to get special technician to fix but I need to pay $140 or $240 for 24 minutes I’m not sure the price. I say No.

cause TV can connect to another providers Wifi and my hotspot. it mean TV working with Wifi but not connect to Telstar NBN.

I decide to called to Sony technician. That the same thing that Sony technician asked me to did when I first call to Sony.

he asked me to reset TV to Factory default and updates software version. 

Result the same mean can’t connect to My Telstar NBN Wifi but can connect to my neighbours wifi and my hotspot.

Can anyone solve my problem please?

I call to Telstar he asked me to special technician any pay money. 

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Lost connect From Sony Brovie to TSM Gen 2

A new fjrmware for the Technicolor version of the gen 2 modem (DJA0231) has just been released (18.1c.443.950RA) which has a bug that stops the 2.4 GHz WiFi transmitting. The firmware version is displayed on the LHS of the log in screen of the modem. If you have this modem with the faulty firmware ring support and report the modem's faulty 2.4 GHz WiFi. There will probably be a patch released that fixes the problem.

AnnNB

Thank you for reply me.

I don’t know how to fix this.

Telstar team always tell me they reset the modem already and work well.

some Telstar team told me already fixed.

HowI should do or set for modem Gen 2?

I just contact to Sony and let her know about software version that my TV got.

she said it is lasted version that Sony got now.😔 

if you can suggest how I should set please suggest me.

thank you 

cf4

There is nothing you should set. The 2.4 GHz WiFi band on the modem is faulty and it can be only fixed by a patch from Telstra or a replacement modem. Contact Telstra support again and if they refuse to do anything lodge a complaint. The link below has instructions for lodging a complaint. It is not a sony problem but a Telstra problem.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/our-complaints-handling-p...

There are lots of other posts were customers have experienced the same problem.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/2-4GHz-WiFi-not-working-5GHz-working-fine/m-p...

AnnNB

Thank you. I’ll do that and tell you later how going on.

Thank you.🙂

AnnNB

Hello again,

I forgot to tell another information about Modem TSM Gen2. The modem show the green light. That mean modem ready to work with devices. So Telstar always said it not Modem fault.

problem that don’t have any company cannot fix this issue is why Telstar NBN can connect to my another device except Sony TV and why Sony TV show another provider WIFi but can’t show My Telstar NBN.😔

Now I’m walk in to the Telstar shop for inform this issue.

cf4

The reason other devices can connect to modem is they support both 5GHz and 2.4GHz WiFi. Your TV only supports 2.4 GHz and because mkdem's 2.4 GHz WiFi is faulty it can't connect. The other devi es are connecting to modems 5GHz WiFi.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit