klc09
Level 1: Cadet

Sony Xperia XZ - Restarting/Freezing Issue

Answered

Hi everyone!

So a couple of months ago I changed my plan and got the Sony Xperia XZ.

All has been well with it, well up until a couple of weeks ago.

I was in class, I got a notification so I went to check it. It randomly froze (completely not responsive) then restarted itself. I thought maybe it was a one off as it was working fine afterward.

Fast forward to the last few days, and it's really beginning to grind my gears... I open any app like Facebook or Instagram and it freezes! Then says it's unresponsive. I always exit the apps I use properly by clearing the list and have smart cleaner on. I tried to restart my device and it sat on the black screen (but it was lighter than if it had completely shut down), and nothing was happening for about 5 minutes. It got to the point where I ended up having to do the reset with the power and volume buttons, then it restarted. It doesn't even send MMS and it took ages for it to send a text message! And if I try to clear the apps I opened if I go back to see if they closed they haven't.

It's a good phone but this issue is making me regret the decision I made to go back to Android from a perfectly working iPhone 6S Plus!

Is anyone else having issues and can anyone help me understand why it is doing this? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Sony Xperia XZ - Restarting/Freezing Issue

try factory resetting the phone there is an option in Settings or you can use the Sony App to do it. i know its a pain but may actually fix you problem. just remember to back up your phone first!

goodluck

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

try factory resetting the phone there is an option in Settings or you can use the Sony App to do it. i know its a pain but may actually fix you problem. just remember to back up your phone first!

goodluck

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

View solution in original post

klc09
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you @DuckDodgers I'll give that a go!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit