sneds
Level 1: Cadet

Sony Xperia Z3 permanently locked

Answered

I have imported a Sony Z3 from the UK on O2 ISP.  I was provided with the incorrect unlock code initially and have exceeded the 10 unlock attempts.  I have the correct code but it is no longer useful.

How can I proceed?

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 permanently locked

Essentially, your handset is now locked so that it can only be used on the O2 network.  The Xperia handsets cannot be reset by code once the counter hits Zero.

The only thing I can suggest is to contact Sony and see if they can unlock it for you. This would involve sending it to them as it is a hardware fix and it will cost you $$$ (or possibly $$$$). Generally not a cheap option.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Essentially, your handset is now locked so that it can only be used on the O2 network.  The Xperia handsets cannot be reset by code once the counter hits Zero.

The only thing I can suggest is to contact Sony and see if they can unlock it for you. This would involve sending it to them as it is a hardware fix and it will cost you $$$ (or possibly $$$$). Generally not a cheap option.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

sneds
Level 1: Cadet

I thought it would be difficult/expensive. Thanks for the advice

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit