rjhoffy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact Nougat Update

Answered

Hi team, 

Now with Sony releasing Nougat for the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact in Australia for non branded handsets, do you have a time frame for when you will receive the update for testing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 Compact Nougat Update

Hey mate

Just an FYI, Sony have pulled the update for Nougat for the Z5 family due to some issues found. the few people that got the update are lucky enough and most people on the xda formus are stating that the issues are non existant and some are reporting the issues. based on this i would assume that the update is delayed until sony re-release the update again and from there you are looking at, at least 3-6 months after Sony have released their working version.

either way you are probably not gonna get any sort of answer from anyone here regarding time frames.

Cheers

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
DuckDodgers
Accepted Solution

Hey mate

Just an FYI, Sony have pulled the update for Nougat for the Z5 family due to some issues found. the few people that got the update are lucky enough and most people on the xda formus are stating that the issues are non existant and some are reporting the issues. based on this i would assume that the update is delayed until sony re-release the update again and from there you are looking at, at least 3-6 months after Sony have released their working version.

either way you are probably not gonna get any sort of answer from anyone here regarding time frames.

Cheers

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.

View solution in original post

rjhoffy

Hi Duckdodgers,

Yeah, after I posted I found that, a little bit of a shame, I just saw a friend who has an unbranded Z5C and she complained of battery drain. 

I did advise to hard reset as most Xperia devices respond well to that. 

Hopefully Sony find a solution and we can all taste that Nougat goodness!!

DuckDodgers

honestly i haven't had any issues with battery drain if anything its a little better for me, but a few people over at the XDA forums are saying that and yeah if i was getting issues like that i would do a full wipe and update, usually gets rid of lingering issues.

but now that the firmware has been pulled ill be waiting for the new one to be released and i definitely will be doing a full wipe and a fresh install.

yeah hopefully mate, i don't see them taking too long with the update i would reckon in the next week or 2 they will release the update again. 

i personally love the update and lucky that i don't have any issues with it, its just the little things in the update make it feel like a brand new phone.

Pidgy
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Yes that's correct, Sony has pulled the android 7 update from all their qualcomm 810 devices (Z3+, Z4 tablet, Z5 series).

For once the delay isn't because of telstra but have no doubt that once Sony commence updating the devices, telstra will delay it for as long as they can.
SBro66
Level 4: Private Eye

Isn't this something that should be on the Device Update TOOL. In desription, it has MARSHMALLOW update from LAST YEAR

SBro66
Level 4: Private Eye

Update

Google+ posting by Sony now advise re-release of Nougat starting again. Still MARSHMELLOW update showing on device update (from SEPT last year). Are these device updates being updated.

DuckDodgers

for anyone wanting more information...

http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/02/09/android-nougat-rollout-re-starts-for-xperia-z5-z3-plus-and-z4-t...

xcrossfirex
Level 2: Rookie

Is this update something that Telstra is envoled in, as it's release in each region around the world?  Really hoping I get my original battery life back

DuckDodgers

Hi @xcrossfirex the update info that i post on here are only for unbranded phones. Im just providing updates for people that have flashed their phones to not be controled by their carrier.

Telstra will do their own updates provided, that according to an other post, that they have identifed that there is a problem with the current firmware.

my honest opinion i would expect Telstra to update to Nougat would be at least an other 3-6months away and thats even if they do update this particular phone as the Z5 is older technology.

rjhoffy

Hello all, 

Does anyone out there getting an update 1276.5MB in size?

My device is still 100% telstra branded, and am now thinking its a happy surprise. 

Aaron235

Hey, yep i got it about 2hrs ago. Havent downloaded it yet though as i know my girls z5 is buggy since her update and i dont want those issues. Anyone got any news on this, bugs etc...?? 

xcrossfirex

I have DL it, but will have to wait to I get 50% charge before installing it

MU7L3Y

I've just installed that update. It is android 7.0 with build 32.3.A.0.376. Will see how it goes now..

DuckDodgers

Welcome to Nougat guys!

Also looks like Telstra have pushed this to the Z5 as well.

xcrossfirex

So far it looks like my battery usage has been restored !  Currently at 86%, would normally be between 50% & 65%.  Obviously a couple of days of charging and daily usage will tell if things are back to how it was before 6.0

xcrossfirex

manage to get 14hrs and a bit from todays charge. that's without stamina mode active

DuckDodgers

still not enough! wish i still had my z3, would last me a day and a half before it needed to be charged. lucky to get a full day use with the Z5...

NeoBeum

52HR

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
//------------- Don't give me kudos

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit