OhSmeg
Level 1: Cadet

Xperia compact wont power up without 3 button hard reboot

Answered

i have a xperia compact like the subject line says, if it anytime its switched off it requires a ahrd rebbot using the 3 buttons to start back up.. + now it wont show that its charging...  have already had the phone looked at "fixed" and sent back due to an internal charging port issue.....  i guess due to the fact im just over half way through a 24 mth contract do i have any recourse? and or is their a fix...  have rebooted, factory reset, tried alternate cords both supplied "authentic" as well as generic cords.  wall charger car charger powerbank charging.. etc etc

am a telstra customer and can supply my details if required..

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Xperia compact wont power up without 3 button hard reboot

I guess you have a thing called statutory warrantee.

Click here for information.

Cheers,
Dave

View solution in original post

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

It is still under warranty, so I would go back in to the store and get it sent away for assessment again. Once it goes back 3 times for the same issue it is classed as a dud and should be replaced.

Yes, I know, three times is a pain, but them's the rules (generally the ACCC is happy with those rules as they are consistent with the ACL).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

send it back again.

your best option would be to try and replicate the problem right there in store so its seen again and send it back again.

the next best option you could get is getting a refurbished phone and that specific issues it gone but then again you could get other ones pop up.

i went through 4 refurbished phones and 5 returns before i was given a new phone.

good luck

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

I guess you have a thing called statutory warrantee.

Click here for information.

Cheers,
Dave

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

It is still under warranty, so I would go back in to the store and get it sent away for assessment again. Once it goes back 3 times for the same issue it is classed as a dud and should be replaced.

Yes, I know, three times is a pain, but them's the rules (generally the ACCC is happy with those rules as they are consistent with the ACL).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

send it back again.

your best option would be to try and replicate the problem right there in store so its seen again and send it back again.

the next best option you could get is getting a refurbished phone and that specific issues it gone but then again you could get other ones pop up.

i went through 4 refurbished phones and 5 returns before i was given a new phone.

good luck

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

OhSmeg
Level 1: Cadet

thxs folks will go give the local store a visit Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit