Crocky1171
Level 2: Rookie

Xperia Nougat

Answered
Has Sony not informed telstra of the Nougat update yet. Its been out for a while. Noting XZ5 and XZ4T are on 01 Apr 16 security update and the debacle from Telstra's effort with Marshmallow, I'd have thought Telstra would be more proactive this time around.
Also of note, the Xperia Z5 amd Tablet Z4 have both had 2 other bug fix updates that Telstra haven't still haven't pursued.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Xperia Nougat

As far as the Z5 goes, a bugfix release (Marshmallow) is due out around 3rd March 2017. No updates for the Z4 Tablet.

So it doesn't look like Sony has forwarded the Nougat updates for either device to Telstra yet.

Note: Telstra doesn't chase updates unless it is impacting the network.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

As far as the Z5 goes, a bugfix release (Marshmallow) is due out around 3rd March 2017. No updates for the Z4 Tablet.

So it doesn't look like Sony has forwarded the Nougat updates for either device to Telstra yet.

Note: Telstra doesn't chase updates unless it is impacting the network.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director

is that actually confirmed Jupiter? "Telstra doesnt chase update unless it impacts the network"

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.
Jupiter

I have never seen evidence of them chasing up an update from a manufacturer unless there has been a submission that has failed that causes an issue with network operations.

Why would they? It's not their responsibilty (or capability) to develop one and they've got enough to do to test the ones that do get submitted.

Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

I am under the understanding that's correct @Jupiter

If it's not a critical issue causing network issues they wait for the manufacturer to approach them and submit an update for testing.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit