Level 1: Cadet

Faulty Replacement Handset



I purchased a Basic $29 Telstra Rush (ZTE T792) phone from Coles Sunnybank Hills on 14/9/2015 and it has just failed and won't turn on.  I still have the box, all paperwork and my original proof of purchase.


Do I take the phone back to a telstra store or back to the store of purchase?

Being the unit is only worth $29 I cannot see why it would be repaired but want to make sure my first step is the correct step so I am not going back and forth.


Thanks Carl Profke

Was this helpful?

  • Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Faulty Replacement Handset

In all honesty, taking it back to the place of purchase (Coles) is your best bet.

The Telstra store can't provide a refund, or an exchange. The best they could do is send it away for assessment at the National Repair Centre - which as you rightly point out is a lot of messing about for a $29 phone.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit