Rosie_
Level 1: Cadet

Why is my website blocked on Telstra internet?

My website www.hopscotchfitness.com.au has been blocked on Telstra wifi / internet - the website is not blacklisted elsewhere. Can this be unblocked so people on Telstra can access the website?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
ForensicsGuru
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Why is my website blocked on Telstra internet?

Sophos is reporting your site as malicious... That's why...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

This is the 4th Wordpress based site that people have reported being blocked today.

I really don't like Wordpress.

It's usually the addins to the themes that are the problem. They aren't kept up to date and become problematic.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ForensicsGuru
Level 21: Augmented

Agree with @Jupiter - Wordpress is often blocked and it is nearly always outdated theme or plugin that get compromised...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Rosie_
Level 1: Cadet

How do I check this and get it taken off the blacklist?

Jupiter

Go in to your Wordpress admin area and make sure that all available updates have been applied.

Then go to https://secure2.sophos.com/en-us/support/submit-a-sample.aspx#to1rgt-accordion

to submit a delisting request to Sophos (as your site is still listed there).

Then, when the Telstra Broadband Protect blocking page comes up, click on the "Report as Safe" link to request delisting by Telstra.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more